Thursday, July 22, 2010

*poster |ˈpōstər|
nouna large printed picture used for decoration.• a large printed picture, notice, or advertisement displayed in a public place [as adj. a poster campaign.


I scored this vintage Wizard of Oz poster at WAC last friday.

*trilby |ˈtrilbē|
noun ( pl. -bies) chiefly Brit.a soft felt hat with a narrow brim and indented crown.


I found this Elk Trilby Hat yesterday and mum persuaded me to get it. It has a caravan on it, and red stitching... (sigh). I think it's brilliant :)

*origami |ˌôrəˈgämē|
nounthe Japanese art of folding paper into decorative shapes and figures.


I've been giving origami a go lately, which of course also spurred the interest of my younger siblings...
I'd like to make enough for a mobile.

*sheet music
nounprinted musicas opposed to performed or recorded music.• music published in single or interleaved sheets, not bound.


Found some fantastic sheet music wrapping paper yesterday. I plan to cover my piano stool in it, and to recover the seat. It's a wee bit exciting :)

*boule 1 |boōl| (also boules pronunc. same)nouna French lawn game, played on rough ground with metal balls.

Last of all, but certainly not least, I found this a few weeks ago at WAC (yes, I know I have been there a lot lately...) It is a very old boules case, and it grabbed my eye because I've been looking at getting a vintage case. However, even more importantly, it has my dad's initials printed on it: 'L.H.' I was extremely stoked to discover this little treasure, and bought it without a second thought. I used it as the 'wrapping' for dad's birthday, and filled it with tissue paper, a book, dark chocolate, and poker chips. Even more cool was the fact that dad's grandfather had a case that looked exactly the same, with HIS initials on it! ;)

1 comment: